DDI +44 (0) 20 4583 2135
M +44 (0) 7809 200312
Dan leads our white collar and regulatory disputes practice, having more than 20 years’ experience (with over a decade as a partner) in Herbert Smith Freehills’ corporate crime and investigations’ practice and before that as a criminal barrister. Dan also has expertise in advising clients in relation to issues raised by the developing area of business and human rights.
Dan helps clients with some of their most serious, reputationally important issues that go beyond business as usual.
Dan advises and represents corporate, institutional and individual clients on financial crime matters, with a particular focus on bribery/corruption, sanctions (in particular recent sanctions targeting Russia), fraud, regulatory investigations, insider dealing, money laundering, accounting irregularities and connected disputes.
Dan has significant experience working with clients in connection (whether as suspects, witnesses or victims) with internal and external criminal and regulatory investigations, including those conducted by the UK Serious Fraud Office, FCA, Police and HMRC. He represents clients facing prosecution and also assists clients acting as witnesses in domestic and foreign criminal proceedings.
Having also spent over two decades advising in connection with due diligence, corruption and sanctions issues (including in relation to transactions) as well as sanctions, anti–money laundering, anti-bribery and Business and Human Rights procedures, Dan is well placed to advise clients when things go wrong, when they are drawn into investigations and when such matters become contentious.
– ICBC Standard Bank plc in respect of its entry into the UK’s first deferred prosecution agreement (also the first resolution of an enforcement action under section 7 of the Bribery Act) following UK and US investigations into suspected bribery in Africa
– A global financial institution in one of the largest and highest profile corruption and financial services regulatory investigations, centred in Asia, advising across 8 jurisdictions and involving multiple law enforcement agencies/regulators.
– A number of clients in relation to UK SFO and UK FCA LIBOR and FX investigations including in relation to the provision of evidence
– A senior individual in connection with the global corruption investigations into Rolls Royce
– Senior individuals in connection with corruption investigations into energy companies
– Various individuals in connection with a criminal investigation into a scientific equipment manufacturer.
– A FTSE 100 company with global subsidiaries to produce anti-corruption procedures in accordance with the Bribery Act and leading a team to conduct external reviews of implementation of the procedures
– A U.K. company in connection with the various implications, including for its staff, of the sanctions imposed on its Russian parent
– A public utility company in connection with regulatory and SFO investigations into allegations of misleading the regulator
– Successfully assisting a former chief executive of a listed U.K. company in connection with criminal charges relating to publishing false financial statements
As well as being nominated as an Outstanding Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, Dan has been variously described in Chambers and Partners (where he has been consistently ranked for Financial Crime) and Legal 500 (where he is recommended as a Leading individual for Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime) in his years as a partner as:
– “a mega brain and sanctions whizz”
– “very experienced at handling cross border investigations”.
– “a superb lawyer”
– “a standout practitioner in this space”
– “noted for his recent multi-jurisdictional work in the financial sector.”
– “extremely knowledgeable and a known expert”
– “an excellent communicator”
– “[someone] who see[s] the big picture and oversee[s] the provision of timely practical advice”
– “hugely bright”
– “very professional and capable”
– “a pleasure to work with”
– “highly effective and a clear communicator,” adding that he “provides pragmatic advice and is very easy to deal with.”
– “someone who’s strong intellectually and technically, but has good common sense and a no-nonsense approach.”
News & Media
Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Dan Hudson of Seladore Legal was yesterday joined by Chris Coltart KC and Nick Querée at Legal Business’ annual Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit, to discuss developments… Read More Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide
Seladore Legal is delighted to have been endorsed by our peers and ranked in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide for Civil Fraud. Amongst the praise… Read More Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide