DDI +44 (0)20 4558 3560
M +44 (0) 7716 642443
Gary is a Solicitor Advocate with over 25 years of experience dealing with complex disputes across most commercial sectors. For over 15 years, he was a partner at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP.
He has acted for many leading companies and financial institutions on a wide range of issues, including contract disputes, derivative transactions, breach of warranty, unlawful dividends, shareholder disputes, company law and claims in negligence. He has worked on large insolvency disputes and on complex cases involving fraud.
Many of Gary’s cases have had a focus upon financial distress and insolvency. Gary has worked on international insolvencies including the global insolvency of Nortel, one of the largest corporate bankruptcies in history, as well as TXU Corp. Gary has dealt with disputes between different estates within a global group structure, with disputes involving creditors and with the ongoing management of administration and liquidation. As well as English proceedings, he has dealt with parallel issues in numerous other jurisdictions.
Gary has broad experience of the contentious aspects of insolvency. He has advised on statutory demands and dealt with issues arising in relation to the insolvency of limited liability partnerships and trust structures, as well as corporates. He has dealt with preferences and transactions at an undervalue, as well as examination of interested parties. Gary has advised office holders, creditors and other interested parties, such as directors.
Gary has appeared as an advocate at hearings in cases before the Commercial Court, Court of Appeal and in arbitration, as well as in mediation.
- – Acting for Goldman Sachs in relation to claims brought by the Libyan Investment Authority to recover substantial sums in respect of derivatives trades executed in 2008.
- – Acting for a newspaper in relation to complex claims brought by a former delivery service provider concerning the termination of delivery arrangements.
- – Acting for Rawlinson & Hunter trustees in relation to disputes in Guernsey against former trustees and also against subsidiaries (now in administration) asserting claims to recover from trust assets.
- – Acting for the Ernst & Young administrators of European subsidiaries within the Nortel group in relation to the global insolvency, including contentious proceedings in the US and Canadian courts.
- – Acting for a founding member of Charterhouse private equity on challenges to the amendment of the Articles of Association and the subsequent forced sale of his shares.
- – Co-author of “Disclosure of Information: Norwich Pharmacal and Related Principles”
- – “Highly Rated” – Legal 500
News & Media
Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Dan Hudson of Seladore Legal was yesterday joined by Chris Coltart KC and Nick Querée at Legal Business’ annual Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit, to discuss developments… Read More Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide
Seladore Legal is delighted to have been endorsed by our peers and ranked in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide for Civil Fraud. Amongst the praise… Read More Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide