DDI +44 (0)20 3882 2180
Hazel has experience acting for corporate entities in a range of complex and high-value commercial litigation matters as well as regulatory disputes.
Before joining Seladore Legal in May 2023, Hazel spent almost two years at the Financial Markets Authority in New Zealand working on financial markets investigations and enforcement action. Prior to that, she spent over three years in the dispute resolution team of a top New Zealand law firm acting for clients across a broad range of litigation and arbitration matters, as well as advisory and regulatory matters.
Hazel has appeared as an advocate before several New Zealand courts, including the District and High Courts and before the Court of Appeal.
Hazel graduated from the University of Auckland in 2018 with a BA LLB (Honours) and was enrolled as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in November 2018.
- Advising an overseas pharmaceutical company on compliance with the UK Bribery Act 2010.
- Acting for an energy company in arbitral proceedings regarding liabilities for carbon tax under a gas supply agreement.
- Junior counsel in the High Court and Court of Appeal of New Zealand contesting the availability of injunctive relief against an overseas defendant pending formal service.
- Acting for clients facing investigations and enforcement action by regulators such as the Financial Markets Authority, Commerce Commission and Reserve Bank (the equivalent of the Financial Conduct Authority, Competition and Markets Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority).
- Acting for major banks and liquidators in insolvency proceedings.
News & Media
Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Dan Hudson of Seladore Legal was yesterday joined by Chris Coltart KC and Nick Querée at Legal Business’ annual Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit, to discuss developments… Read More Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide
Seladore Legal is delighted to have been endorsed by our peers and ranked in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide for Civil Fraud. Amongst the praise… Read More Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide