DDI +44 (0) 20 4526 9312
M +44 (0) 7716 642 444
Kevin is a commercial disputes lawyer with experience of litigation, mediation and arbitration. He has acted for clients in a wide-range of sectors including technology, telecommunications, logistics, banking and real estate development.
Kevin has particular experience of acting in relation to complex contractual disputes, tort claims (including fraud and economic torts), shareholder and joint venture disputes, and has acted on a number of CIS-related matters.
He regularly advises on applications for peremptory relief, including freezing injunction applications in a number of common law jurisdictions.
Prior to joining Seladore Legal, Kevin spent 15 years in the London office of Herbert Smith Freehills. Kevin studied at University College London and Cologne University and speaks English and German.
- – Acting for the claimants in Doglemor and ors v Caledor and ors  EWHC 3342 (Comm) in a successful application under s.68 of the Arbitration Act 1996 to remit an arbitral award concerning a dispute between Russian individuals and affiliated entities, acting on the underlying LCIA arbitration and related proceedings in a number of jurisdictions.
- – Acting for a major property developer and his corporate vehicles in relation to a high profile multi-jurisdictional joint venture dispute relating to a luxury hotel group, including allegations of fraud, breaches of contract and fiduciary duties, and constructive trusts, and related injunctions, involving proceedings in London, BVI and New York (The Lawyer, Top 20 case).
- – Acting for a bank in relation to proceedings in Gibraltar in a claim that the bank had dishonestly assisted fraudulent conduct from an account holder (a law firm) which caused loss to third parties.
- – Acting for an investor in a major CIS IT services company in respect of an LCIA Arbitration and related Cypriot and Russian litigation regarding claims of unfair prejudice, conspiracy to breach fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, unjust enrichment and breach of contract
- – Acting for an international mining business in relation to LCIA arbitration proceedings in England and related proceedings in Botswana and South Africa.
- – Advising a large European telecommunications firm in relation to allegations of procurement of a breach of contract and conspiracy to cause loss by unlawful means
- – Acting for a global business in connection with a threatened class action to be brought in the English High Court, involving in excess of 4,000 prospective claimants alleging unlawful means conspiracy
- – Acting for a major European Bank in relation to a threatened High Court class action involving claims of fraudulent misrepresentation and conspiracy to cause loss by unlawful means
- – Acting for an Employee Benefit Trust provider in High Court proceedings concerning allegations of breach of trus.
- – “Kevin Kilgour is highly personable and approachable”, Legal 500 UK 2022.
- – A “rising star” in the Legal 500 UK 2020 and 2021 for Commercial Litigation
- – “Thorough and very bright” Legal 500 2021, Commercial Litigation
- – “Kevin Kilgour is known for [his work for] major clients in fraud disputes … Kevin Kilgour [is] standout” Legal 500 2021, Civil Fraud
- – “Kevin Kilgour is meticulous in his work and communicates complicated ideas in a simple and effective manner” Legal 500 2020, Civil Fraud.
News & Media
Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Dan Hudson of Seladore Legal was yesterday joined by Chris Coltart KC and Nick Querée at Legal Business’ annual Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit, to discuss developments… Read More Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide
Seladore Legal is delighted to have been endorsed by our peers and ranked in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide for Civil Fraud. Amongst the praise… Read More Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide