DDI +44 (0)20 4526 9316
M +44 (0)7821 635 293
Mehul is an Indian-qualified dispute resolution lawyer. He has particular experience in commercial, regulatory, criminal (primarily white-collar), and constitutional matters, gained at both trial and appellate level.
Over the years, he has successfully represented corporations, industry associations, and individuals from almost all the major sectors of the economy. He also has experience of representing various governmental organizations including the Government of India.
Mehul brings broad dispute resolution experience, along with a deep understanding of jurisprudence and a close eye for factual details. His experience, coupled with his keen interest in understanding various businesses and domains, allows him to devise legally sound arguments truly representing the cause and concern of the client.
Prior to joining Seladore, Mehul had a private practice in the Supreme Court of India having himself argued matters as well as acting as junior counsel to some of the leading Senior Advocates in India.
Mehul has an LL.M. in Jurisprudence from University College London and is fluent in English and Hindi.
– Represented a metro rail corporation to defend their decision relating to a multi-million USD metro rail procurement process.
– Represented a real estate corporation in a dispute arising out of allegations in relation to the violation of environmental norms.
– Represented an association of chemical manufacturers in their challenge to the constitutional validity of a tax imposed on their manufacturing, storage, and distribution of controlled substances.
– Represented a promoter of a foremost jewellery company in relation to an insider trading dispute.
– Represented a production house in their termination of a movie licensing contract with their distributor.
– Represented a telecoms company in their disputes relating to spectrum allocation, interconnect agreements, UAS Licenses and BTS/Mobile-Tower agreements.
– Represented a pharmaceutical company in their challenge to the grant of licences of a niche drug as a generic drug.
– Represented a prominent real estate company in their dispute with their foreign investor.
– Represented a prominent hotelier accused of being a commission agent in an international arms/defence deal.
– Represented a prominent international cricketer in a dispute concerning alleged fraud relating to franchise agreements.
– Represented a prominent investor before a commission inquiring into match-fixing/betting allegations in IPL.
– Represented an association of manufacturers in a dispute relating to a captive power plant and power purchase agreements.
– Represented the Securities Regulatory Authority in a case against a prominent businessman for running an alleged Ponzi Scheme.
– Represented various steel manufacturers in a dispute concerning mining rights and the cancellation of mining leases.
– Advised a technology start-up in a shareholder dispute.
– Represented a multinational FMCG company in allegations relating to the quality of cosmetic products.
– Represented the association of workers of a cement company in an insolvency proceeding.
News & Media
Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Dan Hudson of Seladore Legal was yesterday joined by Chris Coltart KC and Nick Querée at Legal Business’ annual Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit, to discuss developments… Read More Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide
Seladore Legal is delighted to have been endorsed by our peers and ranked in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide for Civil Fraud. Amongst the praise… Read More Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide