DDI +44 (0) 2045 269314
M +44 (0) 7955 394795
Owen practises in a range of areas, including commercial, corporate and white collar disputes, and regulatory investigations. He has experience in both litigation in the English courts and international arbitration.
He conducts internal investigations in matters involving allegations of breach of competition law, financial misconduct, fraud, violations of antibribery laws, or breaches of economic sanctions. Owen represents multinational clients in industries such as retail, finance, technology, insurance and reinsurance, automotive, food and beverage, telecoms, and energy.
Owen has worked in house for Amazon and separately for a Lloyd’s of London managing agent. He has previously worked in law firms in Dubai, Mexico City and the Cayman Islands. Prior to joining Seladore Legal, Owen spent 8 years as an associate in the London office of a US firm. Owen speaks English, Spanish and French.
- – Represented Sainsbury’s in its Commercial Court claim against Visa in relation to the interchange fees paid by merchants under the Visa card scheme, and subsequently its successful appeal to the Court of Appeal.
- – Acted for a pharmaceutical manufacturer in five separate UK Competition and Markets Authority investigations into alleged anticompetitive behaviour, including during two separate dawn raids on the client’s offices.
- – Represented a Fortune 50 technology company in a multijurisdictional investigation into the alleged misstated financial statements produced by a company acquired by the client.
- – Assisted a major online retailer and technology company with a multitude of internal ethics investigations in Europe and Middle East.
- – Advised two UK-based financial services firms and their directors in UK Financial Conduct Authority investigations and enforcement proceedings arising from their dealings with European offshore-regulated entities.
- – Represented a Kazakh reinsurance company against a South Korean reinsurance company, during the disclosure phases of a dispute over insurance claims allegedly based on forged reinsurance contracts.
- – Represented a US food packaging manufacturer in an investigation of its European subsidiary’s possible breach of the US Treasury Department’s sanctions on trading with Iran.
- – Represented a global automotive company in the investigation of possible facilitation payments.
- – Recommended lawyer, Corporate and Commercial: Legal 500, 2019.
News & Media
Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Dan Hudson of Seladore Legal was yesterday joined by Chris Coltart KC and Nick Querée at Legal Business’ annual Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit, to discuss developments… Read More Dan Hudson speaks at Financial Regulatory and Disputes Summit
Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide
Seladore Legal is delighted to have been endorsed by our peers and ranked in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide for Civil Fraud. Amongst the praise… Read More Seladore featured in Chambers and Partners’ 2024 UK Guide